Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bug in the system




My latest discovery in the world of robots has me literally squealing with joy. Firstly, the fact that parent company Vex Robotics exists solely for you to begin compiling your mechanical army from the finest start kits is a wonderous thing. Why didn't anyone tell me there were robot supply stores? You could have saved countless of household appliances from untimely (and in most cases quite violent) deaths.

Secondly, Hexbugs!



These critters fit in the palm of your hand, react to light and sound, and do awesome buggy things like scuttling under sofas until you shoo them out. They come in four awesome flavours of Crab, Original, Inchworm and Ant. I am allergic to real ants but I am planning on installing my own hexbug ant army in the kitchen to defend my precious food scraps.

Hexbugs also come in mega packs for fundraising, and quite frankly I can't see how that girl scout with the cookie has anything on these fistfuls of awesomeness.

And continuing on with the ant theme...

No comments:

Post a Comment